Me? Sit down

I am a Gamileraay woman who wants to leave this world better than it was when I arrived but we are going backwards which makes me angry and the result is I have a lot to say and sometime, the truth makes me unpopular.

I am also a suffering optimist, I try to see positivity in things but find that is generally only my family that provides the positivity in an otherwise politically depressing world.

Stick around and nod your head, join the discussion and give me a piece of your mind.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/nataliecromb

Tuesday 25 February 2014

People often ask me if I'm crazy......

The answer is probably a resounding yes, but it works for me so I guess that is all that matters.
This question is asked because I am currently working full-time, studying law and psychology/history and raising a beautiful 3 year old daughter with my wonderful and wacky partner. Every single moment of my life is utilitised, there are rarely idle moments and when there are idle moments I am generally on my phone accessing work emails or planning ahead.
I often get "I don't know how you do it" and other similar comments but it really isn't that hard, I have a multitude of time saving ways to get through my daily life  and am constantly on the hunt for more gadgets or ideas to make my life easier.
Don't get me wrong, I am not kidding myself, parenting is HARD. Parenting while being committed to a demanding career and studies to further that career and being successful is HARDER because it comes along with judgment for being a 'working mother' and a multitude of emotions, including guilt for missing out on moments, self-doubt in your ability to manage it all in those all too frequent moments of madness where you find yourself treading water to get through the day.
That said, I have the utmost respect and admiration for stay at home mums. Making that decision for the benefit of their families in the day and age where there is intense pressure on mothers to re-join the workforce and pay taxes is remarkable and brave.
I think that whether you are a working mother or a stay at home mother, your life is bound to be chaotic and beautiful in equal measure.
I love my daughter, I love that she is the essence of innocence, happiness and sunshine that warms my heart and soul. But I also love working, I love the thrill of using my mind and skills for my own professional recognition, it is rewarding to see your work appreciated.
So ultimately, this blog is a record of my crazy life, the many thoughts that flow through my overcrowded mind; the social and political issues that I have strong views on; the ideas, recipes, gadgets and miracles that I come across to make life that tiny bit easier and the many hilarious moments I encounter while raising a head strong 3 year old who thinks she is 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment